JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE
ABOUT JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE INC. – Food that inspires you to live well.
Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc., based in Willmar, Minn., is one of the largest and most beloved turkey brands in the world. A wholly owned subsidiary of Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL), Jennie-O Turkey Store offers an array of more than 1,500 high quality fresh, frozen, refrigerated and deli turkey products that are distributed throughout the United States and 40 countries worldwide. Jennieo.com
ABOUT HORMEL FOODS – INSPIRED PEOPLE. INSPIRED FOOD.™
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenues across 75 countries worldwide. Its brands include SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin’s®, Columbus®, Wholly®, Hormel® Black Label®, Columbus® and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, , was named on the “Global 2000 World’s Best Employers” list by Forbes magazine for three straight years, is one of Fortune magazine’s most admired companies, has appeared on Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens” list for the 12th year in a row, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. The company lives by its purpose statement — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ — to bring some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands to tables across the globe. For more information, visit www.hormelfoods.com and https://csr.hormelfoods.com/.
The overall care of those turkeys on your farm. That is consistent with good turkey husbandry set forth by company policies, which will maximize Grow Out operation profits by planning, organizing, directing and controlling live production on your farm to achieve least cost meat production which meets company specifications.
Manage farm work on a regularly scheduled basis within parameters set forth by corporate and division policies. Maintain farm records accurately on a consistent basis.
Approve timecards and employee request forms before submitting to service person or Grow Out Office.
Manage farm labor consistently within controlled guidelines, being familiar with profit plan procedures.
• Assist with and direct after each flock preparation for cleaning, washing, scraping, disinfecting of all equipment and proper storage of same and spreading of new litter. This must be accomplished in a cohesive team like least cost approach. • Set up the buildings prior to the arrival of poults and care for such poults form the time of their arrival until they are moved to the confinement buildings following the prescribed policies and procedures as outlined in brooding manual. • On the day of the move of poults to confinement building, assist and help supervise the move. • Supervise the work of those people under your direct supervision, plus those people sent to your farm to help with specific tasks. • Direct activities of the relief people coming onto your farm to relieve you during your time off. Prepare a list of duties for them to follow and perform in your absence. • Be responsible to see that sanitation programs and procedures set down by company policies are out by yourself and those people coming onto your farm. • General maintenance and simple repairs of equipment on your farm is your responsibility. • Be always responsible for appearance around the farm and buildings as clean and neat as possible. This includes company housing if applicable. • Maintain a safe working environment for all personnel working on the farm in your area of responsibility. • Manage the environmental condition of the turkeys under your care seeing that all details necessary for maximizing turkey performances are carried out on a consistent basis, prime importance is water, feed, litter, and ventilation.\ • Assure your area of responsibility complies with all Jennie-O Turkey Store's company policies, procedures, and programs.
Degree in Animal Science, previous animal husbandry experience and/or a farm background
Possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Possess good communications, and supervisory skills based on experience, schooling, or training.
· RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
· FREE college tuition for children of employees
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Personal Leaves (1-2 months)
· Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Health Plans
· Short-Term Disability
· Long-Term Disability
· 401k (50% on the first 2%)
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Paid Time Off
· Life Insurance
Apply using this link: https://ekkh.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/job/9621/?utm_medium=jobshare