2505 SW Willmar Avenue
Jennie-O Turkey Store
ABOUT JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE INC. – Food that inspires you to live well.
Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc., based in Willmar, Minn., is one of the largest and most beloved turkey brands in the world. A wholly owned subsidiary of Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL), Jennie-O Turkey Store offers an array of more than 1,500 high quality fresh, frozen, refrigerated and deli turkey products that are distributed throughout the United States and 40 countries worldwide. Jennieo.com
ABOUT HORMEL FOODS – INSPIRED PEOPLE. INSPIRED FOOD.™
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenues across 75 countries worldwide. Its brands include SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin’s®, Columbus®, Wholly®, Hormel® Black Label®, Columbus® and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, , was named on the “Global 2000 World’s Best Employers” list by Forbes magazine for three straight years, is one of Fortune magazine’s most admired companies, has appeared on Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens” list for the 12th year in a row, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. The company lives by its purpose statement — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ — to bring some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands to tables across the globe. For more information, visit www.hormelfoods.com and https://csr.hormelfoods.com/.
1. Create short term (2 weeks out) poult placement schedules.
2. Daily review with hatcheries on actual poult numbers, then adjust schedules accordingly.
3. Direct weekly poult scheduling meeting and review placements for current week and following week.
4. Call growers and schedule current week’s placements and review following week’s placements.
5. Communicate with Supervisors and Production Managers on availability of poult placements prior to egg set (5 weeks).
6. Communicate any comments/concerns on poults received and deliveries made to the appropriate personnel – respective Area Supervisors and/or hatchery management.
7. Log grower comments from poult delivery reports into Poult Comments on G drive.
8. Determine poults eligible for NAE and GAP programs and label correctly.
9. Label Salmonella free poults and determine which farms should receive these poults.
10. Identify challenges and make recommendations during weekly poult scheduling meeting on adjusting poult placement scheduled out for weeks 3 on.
11. Balance weekly placements of hens by bird type (HH/LH); balance FP toms by production area; and monitor NAE and GAP placements by quantity.
12. Maintain and manage the contracted weekly poult placements and purchases.
13. Review placement schedules for current and next fiscal year and adjust in MTech as current placements are moved up or back.
14. Communicate with Supervisor, LP Planning, on large scale poult schedule shifts.
15. Analyze downtime requirements and communicate with farm supervisors, managers of farm support, and manager of LP Sanitation to make necessary adjustments.
16. Work with Supervisor, LP Planning on maintaining a balanced rolling 52-week poult supply and demand.
17. Compare breeder/hatchery report, PSD, and poult supply each week and send to Breeder/Hatchery Cost Accountant on Wednesdays.
18. Communication with hatcheries to ensure poult estimates are entered by Friday, for 2 weeks out.
19. Review poult adjustment request forms and prepare them for payment.
20. Generate reports and email weekly.
* Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems.
* Attention to detail.
* Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Strong computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sudden deadlines, and changing priorities.
* Collaborate easily with co-workers and work well independently.
* Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States.
* Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa.
* 1+ years of experience in live production.
Jennie-O Turkey Store offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus target incentive, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k) eligible on first day, stock purchase plan, paid personal time off. On-the-job training, certifications and opportunities to expand skill sets. FREE two-year community or technical college tuition for children of employees. Relocation assistance is available based on eligibility.
At Jennie-O Turkey Store we invite difference and diversity in all aspects. We offer a space of support, understanding, and community. We are committed to the journey! Learn more about our progress here: https://www.hormelfoods.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion/
Jennie-O Turkey Store Inc, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Apply to this link: https://ekkh.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/job/18392/?utm_medium=jobshare