1. Preheat the oven to 420°F.
2. Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix together thoroughly.
3. Scoop out a large fistful of meat, roll it into a ball, then flatten it to form a patty around 1 ½ inches thick. Repeat with the remaining meat to make 5 large patties of equal size.
4. Once the patties are formed, use your thumb to make a shallow indentation in the middle of each patty to prevent them from forming a dome as they cook.
5. Set a large oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and spray lightly with olive oil. When the skillet is hot, add the patties.
6. Cook on one side for 3 to 4 minutes, until the edges are brown and seared, then flip the patties over.
7. Cook for an additional minute, then place the entire skillet in the oven to cook until the internal temperature is 165°F, 9 to 11 minutes.
8. You can also bake them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil for 8 to 10 minutes.
9. Enjoy these as a burger with a toasted whole wheat bun, butter lettuce, cucumber slices, thin red onion slices (optional), sliced tomato, and a little Greek yogurt instead of mayo. Or pair a patty with salad, rice, quinoa, or even roasted vegetables!
*Original recipe found at skinnytase.com.