1. Prepare grill.
2. Shape ground turkey into 8 equal balls. Press each ball to form patty large enough to encase cheese slice. Place cheese slice on 4 patties. Top with another patty. Press edges together to seal.
3. Cook 8 to 10 minutes per side or until turkey is well done, 165°F. as measured by meat thermometer.
4. In large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms.
5. Cook 5 minutes or until browned. In large skillet, heat remaining oil.
6. Cook onions 10 minutes or until softened and browned.
7. Place lettuce on bottom half of buns. Top with patties, mushrooms, onions and bacon. Drizzle with barbeque sauce, if desired. Cover with bun tops.
Recipe courtesy of Jennie-O Turkey Store.